Welcome. I am in the process of updating this site and deleting broken links. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Visit "The ModemJunkie's Portal," a great starting point on the Web.
Return to Top
National Weather Service Sites
- NEW Enhanced Graphics version (Multiple live image screen - auto updating)
Graphics version (Inline graphics, tables etc...)
- Text version (best for low speed links or non-enhanced viewers)
- Midwest Zone Forecasts (Illinois, Missouri) Text -Fast
- Interactive Weather Information Network Text front page for above services.
- National Climactic Data Center NCDC is the world's largest archive of weather data. NCDC archives weather data obtained by the National Weather Service, Military Services, Federal Aviation Administration, and the Coast Guard, as well as data from voluntary cooperative observers.
- NCDC Regional Climate Centers This site has weather information for the past 50 years or so for many reporting stations, making it possible to look up things like the average date of first and last frost, the first snowfall date, average snow per month, record snows, average temperatures. Thanks for the tip to Mike's Weblog
- Midwestern Climate Center This is one of the regional centers. Covers Illinois and the surrounding states.
- Illinois State Climatologist Detailed climate data for Illinois. A description of the kinds of data is available.
- Get/View NCDC climate data Surface Data, Modeled Upper Air Data and
Return to Top
Weather statistics, records and other weather information
- Chicago Historical Weather Records Highest temperature, lowest, snowfall, etc. Links to more Chicago information.
WorldClimate.com contains over 85,000 records of world climate data
(historical weather averages) from a wide range of sources.
- The Old Farmers Almanac
- National Weather Service
- WeatherBank A commercial, subscription only, source of weather information/
- AccuWeather Lobby Info on AccuWeather services (commercial).
- AccuData?, AccuWeather's On-Line weather
database, has weather information for your city and the entire
world. Another commercial source of information.
- Agricultural Weather Information
- Weather Databases
- Marine Weather databases.
- Aviation Weather databases
- NorthEast Media of Atmospheric Science, NEMAS, has a new weather education site with fascinating information including:
Answer to Trivia Question
ORD stands for Orchard Field, the original name of O'Hare airport.
Return to Top
Send your comments, suggestions or questions to
Leonard Grossman at
Visit The ModemJunkie's Portal. This page is a great starting place for surfing the Web.
Visit Reflections of a ModemJunkie The complete archive of personal essays on computing and the online world going back to 1992.
Special thanks to P. Stewart Weber for creating the clouds1.gif, and giving me permission to use it as the background on this page.