Here is my old, beloved crumpled paper backround. I am using this opportunity to experimient with a new, smaller front page. Let me know what you think. This is definately under contruction. Most links here will take you back to my complete home page . Let me know what you think about cutting it up into sections.
About seven years ago, a friend installed a 1200 baud modem on my new computer. I don't know whether to thank him or curse him. All I wanted was a simple word processor. I thought I would stop scribbling illegible notes on crumpled up pieces of paper.
Notes from a ModemJunkie
I've heard that there is a 12-step program for modemjunkies. Unfortunately, you have to log on to participate. While you are looking for it, here are a few things that may make matters worse:
- My collected articles, Reflections of a ModemJunkie, (including a new column almost every month).
- Links to pages I have created and other places of interest.
- Great New Lite Software: DiDa a small, free, HTML editor
and Opera a new browser.
- Search Forms Find anything on the Web in seconds ( including e-mail addresses and phone numbers).
- The latest news from Yahoo (Reuters) or the Washington Post (including A.P. updates).
- Chicago User Groups: CACHE and NICOL. See this section if you have a product you would like to demonstrate at one of our programs.
- Getting Started Links to a great, constantly updated, source of new web pages and more, including thoughts and links related to the creation of Web pages.
- A few other things of interest, including online dictionaries. Look around.
- My wife, the real estate agent.
- Too much surfing?? Here are the current Chicago Tribune TV Listings including WGN, Channel 9, which is available on cable almost everywhere in the U.S. This site also has a link to the Tribune's "front page."
- Let me know what you think.
- The End Statistics, Credits, Award(s) etc.
Enjoy your visit.
I am interested in your comments, great thoughts and criticisms. Send e-mail to:
email@example.com (private) or leave a note in my Guestbook (public).
Return to index
Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our
liberty depends upon the chaos and cacophony of the unfettered speech the First
Amendment protects. ACLU v. Reno
This page has received a WDG Award for accessibility . Although this page has been validated to the WebTechs "Wilbur" (HTML 3.2) standard, it is not my intention to restrict viewing to any particular browser. If this page presents any problems on your browser, please drop me a note.
In late March 1997, I installed a new freeware utility to generate statistics about my pages and my visitors. I especially enjoy seeing how many countries they come from. Installation is not for the fainthearted, but you can learn a lot in the process. For more information go to the Analog2.11 home page.
Return to index
Created with DiDa! Page revised: 3/30/97 12:17:03 PM.
"Best O' Logo" by Kate McDonnell. The Living Computer image created by Don Showalter In the interest of readability I have removed the crumpled paper background. From my