Welcome. This page contains more than three dozen links to different sources of weather information: current conditions, forecasts, maps, statistics, highway conditions and more. Use your "back" button to return to this page. If you have sugestions for additional sites or comments on those listed, please
send me a note.
Visit "The ModemJunkie's Portal," a great starting point on the Web.
Return to Top
National Weather Service Sites
Weather statistics, records and other weather information
- Chicago Historical Weather Records Highest temperature, lowest, snowfall, etc. Links to more Chicago information.
WorldClimate.com contains over 85,000 records of world climate data
(historical weather averages) from a wide range of sources.
- The Old Farmers Almanac
- National Weather Service
- WeatherBank A commercial, subscription only, source of weather information/
- AccuWeather Lobby Info on AccuWeather services (commercial).
- AccuDataŽ, AccuWeather's On-Line weather
database, has weather information for your city and the entire
world. Another commercial source of information.
- Agricultural Weather Information
- Weather Databases
- Marine Weather databases.
- Aviation Weather databases
- NorthEast Media of Atmospheric Science, NEMAS, has a new weather education site with fascinating information including:
Answer to Trivia Question
ORD stands for Orchard Field, the original name of O'Hare airport.
Return to Top
Send your comments, suggestions or questions to
Leonard Grossman at
Visit The ModemJunkie's Portal. This page is a great starting place for surfing the Web.
Visit Reflections of a ModemJunkie The complete archive of personal essays on computing and the online world going back to 1992.
Special thanks to P. Stewart Weber for creating the clouds1.gif, and giving me permission to use it as the background on this page.
Updated08/01/1999 8:01:37 AM